Friday, November 4, 2011

Little Olly

Like so many mums out there, I started doing a lot of sewing when my little boy was a baby. I have always had a love for crafts and have given most of them a try. I adore making patchwork quilts, and used to make and sell them in my "bricks and mortar" gift shop many years ago.

However when my baby came along, as a single mum I found that there was nowhere near enough time to be making quilts! I started to experiment with some quick projects like clothes & bibs, and found a lot of satisfaction in being able to whip up something in half an hour.

As a baby, my boy has had problems with eczema and allergies, and because of this I started to sew for him using a lot of natural fabrics. Bamboo is my absolute favourite - it is incredibly soft, has natural anti-bacterial qualities, and keeps you cooler in summer and warmer in winter. And did I mention how soft it is?....

I have also started making some "niche" products like the Epipen pouch that I have recently designed. More and more kids these days are being diagnosed with anaphylaxis (my son being one of them) and have to carry an Epipen. I have designed some little carry cases that will easily slip into your handbag or the kids schoolbag without being too intrusive. 

Finally you will always find a focus on "boys stuff" in my store! There are so many beautiful hand made products for girls out there that I think the boys do miss out a bit, however there are more and more great fabrics appearing for boys and I will be using a lot of these in a range of boys pyjamas that will be out before Christmas. Stay tuned!

Find me on Facebook
Find me on Hand-Made.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment