Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sew Vintage



Sew Vintage came about from my absolute adoration of 1950’s and 60’s children’s fabrics. I love using genuine vintage patterns and I had garnered myself quite a substantial collection of 50’s and 60’s style printed fabrics, such as Michael Miller and Alexander Henry. 
 
I was using these patterns and fabrics in creations for my other store, Silly Gilly, and customers often commented on how gorgeous the fabrics were. I decided to open an online store which specifically caters to the niche market of lovers of 1950’s and early 1960’s style children’s prints.
I like to stock novelty prints which reflect 50’s style illustrations. My favourite print of all time has to be Michael Miller’s Retro Rocket Rascals. It’s such a happy playful print and can look great as a feature in boys or girls rooms. 
 
Customers often comment to me that they find it hard to find vintage style prints for boys so I make an effort to stock a good range of boys’ prints, including cowboy themes and vintage forms of transport.
Sew Vintage also stocks a range of genuine vintage sewing patterns dating from the 1950’s through to the late 1970’s. I carry patterns for women, men, children and craft patterns. All patterns are thoroughly checked by me to ensure all pieces are there.

It feels so wonderful to find other lovers of vintage style fabrics out there that share my passion for gorgeous, cute, and quirky designs. I’m always adding new prints to the store and welcome requests for specific prints or custom orders. 

Visit Sew Vintage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment