Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Karma Rocks




What inspired you to start your business?

I have always had a love for gemstones, but found it was very difficult to get gemstone jewellery in the designs I wanted - so I started making them myself! Friends and family were asking me to make some for them too, and after awhile they pushed me to open my Facebook page. Since then I have expanded to personalised jewellery in sterling silver and gold filled.


What is your handmade business all about? 

Jewellery with a reason! Whether your reason is to show off your family, celebrate a milestone, or just to look pretty, Karma Rocks has something for every person, and every reason.




What do you enjoy most about your business?  

I love getting feedback from customers about their items - knowing I have instilled such pleasure in other people is amazing.






What is your favourite product to make?  

The SURVIVOR pendant - dedicated to celebrating the defeat of a disease or illness. Nothing is better that seeing someone beat cancer or other awful illnesses. It's a great reason to celebrate!










How did you learn your craft? 

I studied gemstones and their healing properties or many years on my own. As for the hand-created pieces... lots of time and practice!


What handy hints do you have for people who are starting up a hand-made business?


Make sure what you're doing makes you happy - you just can't fake passion. Put yourself out there but be tactful, and remember it's not about the number of fans you have, or whether you sell out in seconds - as long as you've got good quality items and great customer service, you'll go far.


What plans do you have for your business in the next year?

I'd love to get Karma Rocks items into some stores around NSW and Australia. Other than that, the plan for Karma Rocks it to keep making people happy!


Visit Karma Rock' Hand-Made shop

No comments:

Post a Comment