Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Introducing BoonlellBags



What do you love about running your own hand-made business? 

Being able to be creative and doing something I love. I find creating my bags very therapeutic and it is my way of relaxing! I work as a casual teacher so it's great that I have the time to put into my business by creating items regularly for my store.

What is your favourite product to make?
At the moment my favourite product is the hobo bag. It's a popular bag and very versatile.
I love choosing the different fabric colours and themes and having something that appeals to all.

How did you learn your craft? 
I have been playing around on the sewing machine since I was in primary school when I started sewing dolls clothes for my cabbage patch kids!
That then evolved over the years into making myself clothes, curtains, doggie coats and other crafty bits and pieces such as cushions and door stops.
About a year ago I discovered bags. I first made them for myself to use, then as gifts, and then decided to start up a little business so everyone can enjoy them!

What handy hints do you have for people who are starting up a hand-made business?

Never give up! Keep creating and making new products regularly, especially if you have a little online shop. Read, learn and research as much as you can about online craft businesses and eventually you will start seeing progress. It takes time and patience though.

What plans do you have for your business in the next year? 
To develop growth through more sales and regular new products and to expand and improve my range.

Whats one thing you cannot live without in your hand-made biz? 
Definitely my trusty sewing machine!

Visit BoonlellBag's hand-made shop

No comments:

Post a Comment