Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Carolinas Creations



What do you love about running your own hand-made business?
I am my own boss and that certainly makes life easier. I am a WAHM with 2 young boys so the flexibility to work my own hours is a must. You know when you buy handmade that you are buying something that someone has but their heart and soul into creating, that makes it extra special.

What is your favourite product to make?
I love all things lace. My Mum being from Nottingham and having visited there myself back in 1998, I fell in love with the stunning and beautiful handmade Nottingham Lace, it is just divine. So creating Carolina's Free Standing Lace Bookmarks and Coasters is a passion. I also love creating original pieces of handmade artwork, so Carolina's 'Sew My Memories' is a close second.

How did you learn your craft?
My Mum use to be a seamstress when she worked as a young girl in Nottingham England before she came to Australia, so I learnt from her at an early age to do basic sewing and mending. I have always been creative and built my knowledge and skills as I grew up. Being a WAHM was a great option for me with the 2 children and this is something I love to do, so it's a hobby as well as a job.

What handy hints do you have for people who are starting up a hand-made business?
Be patient. Just like anything, it takes time and experience to succeed. Network with other businesses, get ideas, listen to suggestions and be perseverant and enjoy.

What plans do you have for your business in the next year?
To grow and develop new products. I love to create so coming up with original designs is high on the list.



Whats one thing you cannot live without in your hand-made biz?
My Scissors, all 12 pairs LOL :)

Find Carolinas Creations here on hand-made.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment