Thursday, October 6, 2011

All about Anne and Anou Design

Fish on 25x30cm canvas



My last project, a present for my mum.


Hi, my name is Anne… from Anou Design and I make little artworks for little people in little interiors.

I am inspired by… colours, decoration and fabrics.

My favourite colour… well, all of them! I do like white and black together; but it is the combination of all colours that I like most.

My favourite season… autumn, for its red-orangy leaves.

My passion… Anou Design, my business I started in 2009. I design and make canvases for kids  inspired by my own childhood.

Materials I work with… felts mostly, also buttons, papers, beads and fabric.

Three words that describe my style… colourful, handmade and French.

My favourite room at home is… my kids’ bedroom. It’s a fun space full of vibrant colours, handmade artworks, toys, French books and laughter!

I cannot live without… my computer or sewing machine

I relax… in the garden or sewing in my office.

I spent my childhood… on the beach in Tahiti surrounded by colour and exotic beauty. Anou is my childhood nickname.

My last custom order for a little girl.
I would love to… travel to Cuba to go scuba diving.

I most admire… my Mum (a self taught crafter) and my Dad (who is neat, precise and technical).

I am learning… how to knit.

I am drinking… black coffee and red wine.

I dreaming of… travelling around the world.

I am currently reading… The secret of Channel No 5 and lots of decoration magazines
(Elle Decoration, Real Living, Inside Out to name a few)

I hate… cruelty to children and to animals.

Finally,
My tip for decorating... Don’t be afraid to use bright colours! Break some rules, and don’t follow trends – just reveal your own personality!

Find Anou Design on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment