Friday, February 24, 2012

Sailor Mouth Soaps

Greetings! My name is Aliya and I run a business called Sailor Mouth Soaps. My motto is “Awesome Soaps, No Sh*t!” so you can see where the “sailor mouth” part comes in, tehe.

I’ve been a crafter for many years. I’ve made everything from clay sculptures to destructible bird toys! My all time favorite medium is soap. I love the art vs. function aspect of the soaps that I create. My obsessions and tastes vary to many different areas so I create everything from kitschy-cute soaps, to spooky horror soaps and even replica food. I’ve got a real sweet tooth so cupcakes, donuts and macaroons feature quite heavily.

My products are strictly vegan and cruelty free which means no animal derived ingredients, no animal tested ingredients and of course, no animal testing on the final product. I'm also fully certified with Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) & PETA, which makes me very proud.

Although Sailor Mouth Soaps isn’t my full time job, I treat it like it is. I have a purpose built soap studio with a separate storage and shipping area. Oh the blessings of a large house! I can (and do) spend hours upon hours whipping up new soapy treats, testing new formulas and generally tweaking every aspect of the design and presentation so that my customers receive only the best quality (and they deserve it!).

In my spare time, I am a bit of a TV series junkie (comedy, drama, crime and supernatural shows are my favorite genres) but I’m also a bookworm and make the most of my Kindle! I have two adorable dogs that love to go on long walks and when I get the chance, I adore bush walking.

Well that’s about it for me, I hope to see you in my hand-made store soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment